“We do it because we want to help young people raise their aspirations, believe in themselves and make a contribution to their society”
Sir Jack Petchey CBE.
KTFA is delighted to have been selected to join Jack Petchey Foundation Award Scheme. Being part of this scheme will help us recognise the positive contribution our young members make to our club and assist them in achieving their potential. The Foundation supports programs and projects that benefit young people aged 11-25 in London and Essex and has to date invested more than £110m in its work.
The Achievement Awards scheme is a reward and recognition initiative which enables schools and youth organizations to celebrate the achievements of their young people as well as receive additional funding. There are currently over 2,000 schemes running. The young award winners choose how best to spend their £250 award money to the benefit of their club or school.
At KTFA each year three children will be nominated for an award, they will receive framed certificate and £250 to be spent within the club. In addition, adults age 21 and over who are leaders/volunteers at the club will also be able to be recognised through the Leaders Award Scheme. This award will be run once a year and all club members including parents will be able to nominate the winner. Leaders Award winners receive certificate, medallion and a small grant of up to £750.00 to be spent on the project that benefits the club.
Members of the club will be invited to nominate the recipient of the award. The aim of the awards is to recognize those who are ‘trying their best’. Therefore, the recipient does not have to be the best football player but they do need to be exceptionally hard working or to have done something really positive for themselves, others or the club. Once the nominations have been received, the winner will be chosen by the committee. The winner who will be presented with the certificate and the badge at our annual celebration evening. The winner will also decide how to spend the £250 from a ‘wish list’ of items that would benefit the club put together by coaches with input from members of the club.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- The Achievement Award scheme will be run by coaches within the age groups they select (11 and up). Children will be given the nomination forms to nominate those they feel are deserving of the award. Please encourage them to participate in the nomination process.
- Once a year we will choose a winner for the Leader Award Scheme and all club members and parents are invited to nominate an adult age 21 and over for this award.
- The nomination forms can be downloaded here. Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominate items to go on the ‘wish list’ by letting your coach know or emailing me on the above address. Please note that ‘spending guidelines’ apply.
- Get to know our winners by visiting our Jack Petchey winners page
- Visit http://www.jackpetcheyfoundation.org.uk to find out more about the scheme
Thank you to Jack Petchey foundation for giving us the opportunity to recognise and celebrate those who give their best!
If you have any questions about the scheme please feel free to ask by emailing me.
Mrs Georgia Vuksanovic
Jack Petchey Scheme co-ordinator